Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Mom's Birthday



My poor Mom has always had the forgotten birthday.
Her birthday is on June 17th which always falls on
girls camp, scout camp, EFY, Church History Tour, dance recitals, etc.
I seriously cant even remember the last time I was in town for her birthday.
My little brother Jason was supposed to have a
volleyball tournament down in California,
and my Mom was going to be down there all by herself.
So Dust and I thought it would be fun to surprise her and come along for the trip.

We were supposed to leave for California on Thursday morning,
but on Wednesday night we got a call from his coach saying
the tournament had got delayed a day.
So Jason would not be able to go because we were leaving on a family trip.
At first I was really sad.
I was really excited about going down for Newport and soaking up the sun.
But we decided that we were still going to have a fun weekend,
and so we basically celebrated my Moms birthday for the next three days.

We decided that it would be fun to play
tourist in Vegas so we got a room at the Mandalay Bay.
I have always heard how fun their pool area was.
So we loaded up and headed out.
We basically laid out all day, played in the wave pool, and the lazy river.
At night we went to on of my all time favorite restaurants, Maggianos.
I love this place.


The next day we went to Summerlins new shopping center and ate at Brio.
Its to die for good.
I cannot wait to go back.
The shopping there was also so dang cute and fun.


The biggest surprise my Mom received for her birthday was a new car.
She has had our Suburban for 11 years now and that thing kept breaking down.
It had no AC unit in the back and so it was finally time for a new car.
After a couple of days of looking around for cars,
She finally found her perfect car.
She got an Armada.
She loved it.



Mom we were so happy to finally be able to spend a birthday with you.
We had a blast and cant wait for another birthday extravaganza.


No comments:

Post a Comment