Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Park City with the family

This past week my entire family came up to Utah.
It was Jason and Kaitlin's spring break.
My family has never been to Park City so we thought this would be a great time to see it.
(Seeing as Provo was crazy busy with all of the people here for graduation)

Let me just tell you that my family LOVED Park City.
They probably would have loved it more if everything wasn't closed.
They came right in the middle of winter and summer time.
The slopes were closed, but all the summer activities don't open up till June.
So that was kind of a bummer.
But I think that they still loved all of the shopping, restaurants,
and the ambiance of the place.
I can see them coming back soon.
(I sure hope so at least)

We had so much fun with the family.
We basically shopped, saw movies, went out to eat, hung out, and played.
Basically everything that the Kelly's do best.
I love spending time with my family.
I am enjoying every minute cuz I know that my free time
with the family is limited.
PA school starts soon.

A couple of highlights from the trip
snowmobiling,
graduation (post to come),
River Horse Restaurant,
time with the family,
shopping, and
family pics.
Perfect Week.

The only thing that was open during this time of the year was snowmobiling.
So with the help of the Calls,
they got use equipped with some winter gear.
My mom thought that Jason and Kaitlin would be fine in jeans and a hoody.
Obviously my family does not do winter sports a lot. ha ha.

I have never been snowmobiling before, and I had no idea how fun it would be.
The four kids went (Dustin had class) and we had a blast.
I didn't think that the snowmobile would be so hard to turn
or maybe its not and I am just a week ling.
(This is probably the case)
We are happy to say that we went away with only two crashes.

Jason just didn't stop, hit the back or Ryan, and fell over.
It was actually the funniest thing that I have ever seen.
The other one was not quite so funny.
For being April, it is still dumping up in the mountains.
There was probably a foot and half of fresh powder there.
And the snowmobile gets stuck in fresh powder.
I accidentally went off the track and got the snowmobile stuck
Ryan, being the good brother he is tried to get it out, but he couldn't do it.
We had to do the walk of shame back to the lodge.
Were the workers just laughed at us and said that it happens all of the time.

I love being up in the mountains and enjoying all of Heavenly Father's creations.
It is so beautiful and peaceful up there.
I am making a goal to get out in nature more.
It truly is amazing.

Best week ever.

This would be Ryan peeing. I'm pretty sure that we had to stop like
five times to let him go to the bathroom.

Kaitlin on top of the world.

Kaitlin riding dirty.


Me. Kind of an embarrassing shot

The whole gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment