Thursday, May 5, 2011

Carl Bloch Exhibit

I am a procrastinator.
This exhibit has been here since November, but I just now got around to seeing it.
I have been looking forward to this for a long time though.
Any art that has anything to do with the Savior is my favorite.
I am not really an art person.
There have only be a few pieces of art that have really moved
me and all of them have to do with the Savior.
My favorite piece of art is the Pieta in the Vatican.
Just being able to see the Savior depicted in such a life like way
was on the most moving experiences of my life.

And today was no different. I heard this exhibit was great,
but I had no idea it was this great.
I didn't know that a lot of the pictures the church uses is from the artist.
I was shocked to see familiar pictures here in Provo.
It was truly a privilege to see these works of art.

I loved all of the pictures, but my favorite was the one at the end.
It's a picture of the Savior with open arms welcoming all to come to him.

It's was a reminder how lucky we are to have the Savior in our lives.
That no matter what the sin we have committed,
or how many times we make the same mistake,
the Savior is there for us.
That he loves us all. No matter our color, age, or race.
He is no respecter of man.
It made me contemplate on the Atonement and the torment
that the Savior went through.
I am so grateful for his sacrifice so that I can live with my family forever.

I am so grateful for this gospel and for the knowledge that I have of our Lord.
I am grateful for the Lord's tender mercies and this exhibit was one of them.
I know the Savior lives and loves us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment