Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gratitude

Today I woke up, and I was overwhelmed with all of my blessings.
It was the most beautiful day I have ever seen.
The sun was shining, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
It was that perfect 85 degree weather.

So I decided to go on a run.
As I was running, I couldnt stop thinking about how beautiful this earth is.
I love watching the sun rise every morning.
The sun is the coolest thing ever,
It rises every day without fail.
Its a constant in every single persons life.
Something might cover it up, but that does not mean that it isn't there.
It's the perfect example of the Savior.
The Savior and his atonement works for ever person that has lived on this earth.
Its a constant.
The Savior is always there for us without fail.
I am so grateful for the Savior in my life.
I need his help, encouragment, direction, and love every single day.
I need his warmth and light.

I love beautiful mountains, lakes, flowers, and trees.
I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father created this earth for me.
Its truly amazing.
I went up to Red Rock and went on a hike after my run.
I never took advantage of all of the beauty around my when I was younger.
But now I cant get enough.

I was also thinking about how grateful I am to be going
to school for something that I absolutely love.
I love school.
I LOVE the human body.
It is truly God's greatest creation.
As I am in class learning about our kidneys, hearts, and lungs, I am blown away.
We spend days and days learning about something that our body does automatically.
Its so cool to me that we can breathe without thinking.
Its so cool that we can eat food, digest it,
take the nutrients we need, and then discard what we dont need.
I mean how cool is that.
The more I learn about the body, the more I realize that God is real.
There is no way that this complex of a system came out of no where.
We were created by our Father in Heaven.

He has a plan for each of us, and we should use this great gift for good.
I was also contemplating on how
lucky I am to be married to my best friend.
I know that I got married young, but I wouldnt have it any other way.
I am so grateful that we get to make life choices together,
that we went to college together,
and that we get to be apart of eachothers lives for even longer.
I love Dustin with all of my heart and he is what I am most grateful for.
I am grateful to know that through the Saviors help that families can live together forever.
I cant wait to not only spend this life together but also the next.
Sharing life with your best friend is the greatest gift.

I am grateful for so many things.
I realize that because I have been given so much I need to give back.
I need to serve more, love more, and be a little kinder.
I love life. I love this world. I love my family. I love the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment