Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Little Things



Sometimes life can be hectic.
Were running here, running there, late for this, trying to get this done.
It's really nice when we can slow down and just enjoy life.
I had one of those moments this weekend.
Dust and I had the house to ourselves and decided to have our own little BBQ.
Dust is quite the cook.
He got out some steaks, shrimps, and vegetables and started to go to work.
I helped where I could but mostly I just sat outside with him and read.
As I was sitting there, I couldn't help to think how wonderful my life is.

I am married to the greatest man in the world and my absolute best friend.
There is no one else in the world I would like to spend the rest of my life with.
I am so grateful for him.
I am grateful that he picked me to be his wife.
I am grateful for his patience, love and kindness.

I am just so grateful for the little things.
For this wonderful night that we got to spend together.
Talking.
Cooking.
Eating.
Swimming.
It felt like a little piece of heaven on earth.
I am grateful for this quite night I got to reflect upon my life.
I am so grateful to be a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I am grateful to know my Savior Jesus Christ.
I am so grateful for his Atonement and our ability to return to our Heavenly Father.
I am grateful to know that we can live with our families forever.
I am just grateful to live on this earth and to be able to spend every day of it with Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment