Friday, November 9, 2012

Marathon

Running a Marathon has been on my bucketlist for quite a while.
The last couple of months have been a blast training for this event.
I  loved being outside and pushing my body to it's limits.
I loved the early morning runs and watching the sun rise.
 
The actual race was not what we expected at all.
It was a Free Marathon.
We signed up for it because it fit into our crazy schedule and it was in town.
But let me tell you I will never run a free marathon again.
 
There was no food along the way and they ran out of water cups.
We had to lift a gallon water and pass it around to get some.
I also didnt pack enough food to last me through the race
I ended up hitting the wall the last three miles and felt super sick.
And we actually ran 26.6 instead of 26.2.
And let me tell you that extra distance really makes a difference in the end.
 
But I am still glad that we did it.
Now that we got this monkey off of our back, now it's time to train for bigger and better things.
I am thinking a triatholon next, and an Iron Man for Dust.
 
I am so glad that I got to share this special day with my wonderful husband.
It was so much fun running our first one together.









1 comment: