Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our First Home

We bought a house.
It is the cutest little house you have ever seen.
It’s the perfect place for us.
I feel so old though,  
You start to feel like an adult when you have all of these bills rolling in.
 
I didn’t know buying a house was so complicated.
There are so many papers to sign, things to put in your name, and decisions to make.
Luckily we had an amazing real estate agent, Megan Albright, that made it so easy for us.
We have loved living with my parents and it has saved us so much money,
but it will be nice to have a place of our own again.
We are busy repainting and fixing up a few things before we move in.
It’s kind of overwhelming trying to decorate a whole house.
The paint color is completely stressing me out.
Who knew there were so many options.
And then you think you have found one you like and then you test it on the
walls at your house and its hideous.
Then the paint color changes from the morning to the afternoon.
But we think we have found one that we really like so we’ll have to see how it goes.
I also had absolutely no idea how much furniture cost
I looked through a couple of magazines for couches and rugs and decided that we will be going without a few things for a couple of years.
Lucky for us, my parents, in-laws, and grandparents have a few things that they are giving us.
Trying to move into a house during my last month of my didactic year, and in the middle of Dust’s semester has not been easy.
It’s been kind of crazy trying to figure all of this stuff out while still trying to cram for test’s on a daily basis.
But I have a break coming up before I start rotations so I can finally get some stuff done.
 We cant wait to move into our home.
 
 Family Room
 Office
 Kitchen Table Area
 Kitchen
 
 Loft
 Bedroom 1
 
 Bedroom 2
 Master Bedroom
Master Bath
 
This is what the house looks like now.
We are remodedling, painting, and fixing it up as we speak.
I'll post pictures after it's done.


2 comments:

  1. So cute Elise! I am so excited for you! Maybe I can come see your house once you move in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you......what a beautiful place to start your life!

    ReplyDelete