Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brooks-a-Bee


My dad has one brother named Patrick.
He has five wonderful and amazing children.
One of these fabulous children, is named Brooks.
Brooks and I are only three weeks apart.
So we were pretty close growing up.


The Kelly family is pretty skimpy on women with only three girls and six boys.
So most of our time was spent playing video games, shaking up sodas,
or talking about bodily functions.
This did not phase me because I didn't mind being with the boys.

But now we are all grown up and Brooks finally
has returned from his mission.
He served the in Milwaukee Wisconsin Spanish speaking mission.
Brooks is such an amazing person
and I am so glad that he is finally home.
The only thing that I am a sad about is we are moving in a month.
Thank goodness for family get togethers so we can catch up.

My whole family wanted to come up, but between volleyball tournaments,
AP testing, and taking care of my sick Grandma, it was impossible.
So my Dad and Grandma Kelly were the only ones to make the journey up.


They came up on Saturday and we had a little family dinner at Mag's.
It is always so much fun when the family gets together.
We just laugh and visit and generally enjoy each other company.
My Dad especially lights up around his family.

We had so much fun eating that night and then so enjoyed
Brooks homecoming address the next day.


1 comment:

  1. Sue Ellen just told me you are blogging. I am so excited to hear about what you and Dustin are up to. Congratulations on graduating...you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete