Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Harrisons


I cant even believe that my best friend got married.
Kourtney and I have been best friends since fifth grade.
I know that everyone is Kourt's best friends,
but me and Kourt really do go back a lot of years.

I will never forget the first time I meet Kourt.
We saw a sign that said "Beanie Babies For Sale".
I was a beanie baby fanatic at the time
and so my mom stopped to see what they had.
I walked in and there was Kourt.
We started talking and realized that we were going
to be moving into their ward soon.

My mom got all excited because now I would actually know somebody.
We hit it off right there.
We were automatic best friends.
Attached at the hip.
We did everything together.
We clogged together, did school together, were in choir and band together,
and even did cheer leading together.
But we soon realized that it might be good
if we didnt do EVERYTHING together.
We are both competitive people
and we used to love to compete against each other.
So when high school hit, I decided to go the sports route
and she stayed with cheer leading.
But we still supported each other in whatever we did.

Kourt has always pushed me to be a better person.
She taught me how to do work hard in school
and to never settle for anything less than my best.
I would have never been the student I was if it wasn't for Kourt.

Kourt was also nice to everyone she meet.
I remember that it used to bug me how we had to stop
and say hi to every person in the hallway
but now I realize that Kourt really did just love everybody.
Kourt did not like contention and would do
anything to smooth things over.

She is one of the greatest friends.
She really cares for other people and puts so much time into people.
She is always there for you when you need it.
Kourt really is the greatest example to me.
I truly am a better person because she is my friend.

Kourt has been talking about her wedding since we were little girls.
She used to go the grocery store, sit their for hours,
and look at wedding magazines.
I did not get this.
I was not girly growing up and knew that
my mom would just plan my wedding. ha ha
I always knew Kourt's wedding was going to be amazing and it was.
It was seriously the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen.


The night before the Harrison's hosted a family dinner.
I always love the family dinners.
I think they're more intimate and you get to hear all about the couple.
I love hearing their story, watching their slide show, and enjoying good food.

Kourt was the ultimate cheerleader in high school.
She was captain every year and she really did rule the school.
So as the bridesmaids, we decided to combine Kourtney's favorite things.
We put on some Centennial cheer leading outfits,
made up some words to a glee song, and had a whole choreographed dance.
It was perfect for Kourt.

Then the Harrison's did this great skit all about Vegas.
They had Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and show girls.
The Harrisons are a fun family.




I love being able to see my friends get sealed.
There is nothing like being in a sealing room with the people you love.
Kourt and Matt are great for each other.
Matt truly brings out the best in Kourt.
They are just such a happy couple and I love being around them.
They are so great.
I have never seen Kourt this happy.
I couldn't be happier for her.

Since Kourt is so great and loving, she had 14 bridesmaids.
She is so loved she just couldn't narrow it down.
But it was a blast being around all of these great girls.
It seriously was the funniest day ever.




Kourt's reception was breath taking.
I don't have any pics from it, but believe me it was incredible.
The flowers were out of control, the food was delicious, and the dancing was great.

Kourt I love you so much.
I am so glad that I could share this day with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment