Sunday, May 15, 2011

Date Night

Dust and I are enjoying are last couple weeks of freedom.
We realize that once we move to Vegas real life begins.
I'll be at school for 15 hours a day studying, and being stressed out.
And Dust will be busy working, shadowing Attorneys,
and volunteering at the courts.

So basically we realize that our fun time is limited.
And we are taking advantage of every minute.
We are both working about 30-40 hours a week
but other than that we are free.
We are trying to fit in all of the things that we have wanted
to do in Utah before we leave.
So here is rundown of some of the fun things we have been doing.



BYU Baseball game
I love going to baseball games.
There is something soothing about watching a game.
The weather was perfect and we got to go with some
of our good friends, Kelsey and Austin, so the conversation was great also.
The weather was perfect that night so it was so fun to be outside.
On top of that we got to watch our friend Taylor Cole pitch.
He is dating one my really good friends named Madilyn.
He is such a stud!
He was really fun to watch.



Salt Lake Temple
I have always wanted to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple.
I've looked at the outside of this beautiful temple for so long,
and I wanted to see the inside of it.
It was seriously breath-taking.
I can see why it took them 40 years to build it.
There was so much detail.
I loved all of the artwork.
I love going to the temple.
I come out with such a better perspective on life
and I was filled with the Spirit.



The Pie
I have heard so much about the Pie in Salt Lake.
It supposedly has the best pizza with the funnest atmosphere.
And you know what,
It lived up to its expectations.
Having it in the basement, with the writing on the wall,
and TV's around made the place such a fun hang out.
We of course went during one of the NBA playoff games.
The food was really good.
But to be honest, I am a sucker for pizza and salad.
It's probably one of my favorite meals of all time.
They just compliment each other so well.
The PIE was great and I cant wait to go back.


Batting Cages
I am not quite sure why, but I have wanted to go
the batting cages for the longest time.
We have made an attempt a couple of times but the
weather usually has stopped us.
(Utah can have some bi-polar weather at times)
But we finally made it there.
And it was so much fun.
I didn't think that I would be able to hit the ball,
but I actually could.
Like every time.
It was shocking. ha ha.
But my hands hurt so bad afterwards.
I still have blisters to prove it.
Dust and I are both sore.
Embarrassing right.
We didn't even go for that long but when your
not used to using those muscles it kills.




Movies.
My mom gave us a gift certificate to the movies for Christmas ,
and we still had not used them.
So we finally made it to the theaters.
We saw two movies.
Something Borrowed
and
Source Code
Both were good movies but neither were life altering.
I would have been ALOT happier with
Something Borrowed if one of the
characters would have ended up with another guy.
(I wont ruin it for you)
And Source Code was really entertaining and fun.
It had some plot flaws but overall it was fun.



NBA Playoffs.
I am not a huge fan of the NBA regular season.
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching some of the games,
but I cant sit down and watch whatever game is on.
I feel like they dont really play hard in the regular season.
But the Playoffs are a whole different story.
These games are so fun and you see the worlds best perform at the highest.

I have gotten more into this year than any other year.
(probably cuz I dont have a lot going on ha ha)
But I am a huge Bulls and Thunder fan.
I love Rose, Noah, Korver, and Durant.
I really like both of these teams.
I usually like teams where I watched their players play in college.
It makes me feel like I know the players a little better.
Plus I love the young guys.
But seeing as we dont have cable we are always
searching for a place to watch the game.
We usually end up watching it down
at Mag's or at our parents house.
I am not going to lie, I am loving the playoffs
but I am more excited about the NBA draft.
I cant wait to see where Jimmer goes :)


The Calls
We have been trying to spend as much time with our family as possible.
We realize that its going to be hard to make our way
up here the next couple of years.
But we have had a blast hanging out with them.
We basically just watch games together, eat, and talk.
We try to go over there whenever we can.
We love being at their home.
I love getting to know all my siblings betters,
and I love being apart of their life.
The Calls are defiantly what I'll miss most about Utah.



Running.
Dust and I have found our new obsession.
We love to run.
I dont know how you couldn't like to run when the
weather is this nice and you have these beautiful mountains to look at.
And we've realized that running is a really cheap hobby.
Which is great for us ha ha.
But I love the way I feel after a good run.
The endorphins are pumping.
We even got to run with Steve and Sue Ellen the other night.
It was the most beautiful night of all times.
We ran up the canyon and then ended at Riverwoods
for some post running treats.
It was such a great night.

Dust, I love being able to spend so much time with you.
You are my number one, and I treasure every day that we get to spend together.
I love you and I LOVE our date nights.






No comments:

Post a Comment