Friday, May 13, 2011

Cabo




In November the Calls decided to take the entire family to Cabo.
The Calls are close in age so it will be seven years
before the whole family will be together again.
So this was a great excuse to get one last family trip in.


This was the funnest trip ever.
I had never been to Cabo before, and I absolutely loved the place.
I cant wait to go back.
We stayed at the Williamson's home.
There house is in the coolest location ever.

It is on a cliff over looking the ocean.
I mean seriously, it is the prettiest view of all time.
I loved waking up to the sunrise and sitting on their deck and watching the sun set.
I love beaches.
There is nothing more soothing than listening to the waves crash into the sand.


The best part of the trip for me was our daily morning runs.
We seriously had the entire beach to ourselves.
I love getting up in the morning and exercising.
Especially when its in beautiful place.
You get those endorphins going and life just doesn't get any better.
After our run on the beach, we would do my second favorite thing.
Looking at houses.
I know this sounds weird but I love to look at houses.
Houses have so much personality and they are all so different.
Dust is such a good sport and is starting to love to look at houses with me.


I cant even begin to tell you how much fun we had.
We would spend all day laying out by the pool and blasting music.
We all had a book to read.
(Well I read magazines while the rest of the family read novels.
I am still working on getting better about reading.)


Then at nights we would get authentic Mexican food.
If the Calls go the Mexico they are not going to eat anything but authentic Mexican food.
I am not going to lie, at first, I was a little apprehesive about the food.
Their was a lot of flies around and I wasnt sure it was quite sanitary.
But after having a bite of a taco, I was hooked.
I LOVED these tacos.
By far the best I have ever had.
I am pretty sure that the family ordered 80 tacos in one sitting.
We can eat a lot of Mexican food.


Every time I see McDonalds now, I think of Mexico.
Not because we ever ate dinner there but it's the place where we got dessert every night.
The Mexicans know how to do Tacos, but they are still working on their desserts.
So every single night, we would load our 12 passenger van
(I know right, a 12 passenger van, but it was so fun that we all got to be in one car together)
and we would go through the drive through for 11 ice cream cones.
It was great.
Probably one of my favorite things we did.

We also did a little site seeing while we were there.
We took a boat ride out to Lovers beach.


We saw the arches, and played in the sand.
The ocean there is really powerful.
They tell you not to get in it because the currents are so bad.
But of course, we didn't listen to them.
The boys were out in the water body surfing.
They kept getting demolished.
I decided to be a little adventurist and I went out in the water.
I got about knee deep when the current knocked me over.
I rolled like 8 times in the water and couldn't get my bearings.
I know right. Like how embarrassing is that.
So after trying to get all of the sand out of suite,
I decided to stick the bay water.


While playing the bay, the boys of course got a little bored.
So they decided to climb the rocks next to us.
I was freaking out.
I am not used to adventurous brothers.
(The girls in my family are more adventuous then the boys ha ha)
So I was sitting on the beach having a heart attack.
I didn't want to seem to overbearing but I wanted to yell at them so bad.
I was REAL grateful when they made back to the ground with no injuiries.
(I realize I worry a lot but I really cant help it).

We also decided to pamper ourselves while we were there.
I decided to do my favorite thing ever.
Get a message.
It was wonderful.
Seriously, it was only $20 and it was right on the beach.
I was in heaven.
I tried to convince Dust to get one because he has never had one, but he refused.
He said he did not want to get addicted to an expensive habit.
So instead, he got one of those henna tattoos with a Y on it.
Typical boy :)

We also took a little time to take a family picture.
This was quite funny.
Since there was no one there that could snap the shoot,
we had to put the camera on a tripad and then do a timer.
So it was basically all of us sitting their smiling while Steve ran back on forth trying to get the camera just right.
It took a while but it turned out perfect.
After we finally got a good shoot, the boys decided it
would be fun to jump in the pool with all of their cloths on.
Why is it so much fun to jump in the pool with cloths on?
I dont know why, but it really is.
Madi and I decided against, seeing as we are girls,
and that we both had white shirts on.
But it was fun watching all of them jumping off the rocks for the next hour or so.






I had so much fun on this trip.
I love being with the Calls.
I am always so entertained and its a guaranteed blast.
Thank you Calls for allowing your boring
married children to still come on the family trips.









No comments:

Post a Comment